Copywriting is the art and science of strategically delivering words that get people to take some form of action
Not everything I write for my clients requires humor, sarcasm, or satire, but the same writing concepts apply for emotional urgency triggers, FOMO, and creative marketing content.
If you are introducing a new or improved product or offering a unique service – and you want to stand out from your competitors — then we really need to talk.
“Don’t tell people what to think … instead, tell them WHAT THEY SHOULD FEEL! “
Secrets of Emotional Urgency Triggers
Experts tell us, “People buy on EMOTION. They do not buy on features – not on logic – not even price!” (just consider Apple, Starbucks, lululemon, or Tesla).
Even social psychologists remind us that every decision we make is initially based on emotion, then justified by logic.
Yet few organizations understand the value (and conversion power) of Emotional Urgency Triggers when used in webpages, direct response sales letters, emails, marketing materials, and blogs.
In fact, your landing pages and marketing copy MUST include specific “triggers” to create a desired emotional response within potential clients.
Creative Content Copywriters, much like comedians, know how to engage an audience with words.
Creative content copywriting is about offering content that pulls the reader deeper into your sales funnel because successful sales campaigns:
- Are based on EMOTION,
- Create URGENCY, and
- Must contain persuasive “call to action” TRIGGERS …
… hence the name Emotional Urgency Triggers.
Emotional Urgency is not about the product or the company – it’s focused on the buyer and the buyer’s emotions.
Emotional Urgency copywriting is the art of selling in written form.
Your emails, your landing pages, your sales pages, your social media posts, etc … your success all hinges on how well your message is written!
Just a few simple Copywriting tweaks can be the difference between selling $10 & selling $100,000.
It can be the difference between getting 10 Instagram likes & getting 10,000 likes!
Want To Know More About The Power Of EMOTIONAL URGENCY TRIGGERS?
If your answer is YES, click on the button below to contact me and subscribe to my Rants and Raves newsletter.
MATTRIXX Rules of Emotional Urgency Copywriting:
- The best place to hide a body (and your website) is page two of the Google Search Results.
- Being visible isn’t as important as becoming UNFORGETTABLE!
- Stop chasing clients … START DEVELOPING DISCIPLES!
- Entertain or educate. Be controversial. Demonstrate your expertise. OR GO HOME!
- Your marketing must answer this one question, “How does your product or service work to deliver results?” … and you must be VERY SPECIFIC!
- Give some of your sales and marketing copy the “look and feel” of juicy gossip or tongue-in-cheek satire. People LOVE to read (AND SHARE) gossip and humor!
- You don’t have to beat your competition; just invalidate them. Don’t be afraid to use humor, sarcasm, or simply make fun of them. Satire is pure gold.
- Persuasion isn’t getting people to take an action … it’s getting people to believe the action you want them to take is their own idea.
- If your presence doesn’t make an impact … if your content isn’t controversial … your absence won’t be noticed.
- Anyone can beat their own drum, especially when they are the only person in the band!
- If you can’t dance, you’d better be able to sing or play an instrument!
- Beware the clean-handed person advising you on gardening, a skinny chef, and the self-proclaimed copywriter who can’t write a captivating story.
- Emotional Urgency is about getting someone to do something that they probably didn’t wake up in the morning intending to do!
- If your emails and newsletters aren’t controversial, amusing, or shocking, you are wasting your time and money!
- Boring is a waste of your time … and MINE!
- If you are not living on the edge, you’re simply taking up space and wasting oxygen.
- Don’t repeat the same day over and over and pretend you have a life.
- First, you make your choices … then your choices end up making you.
- One salesperson can’t effectively sell to 100,000 prospects, but a masterful story, sales letter, email, or landing page sure can!
The MATTRIXX Method
Content Marketing is a strategic approach focused on creating and publishing valuable, relevant, and interesting content designed to attract and retain a clearly defined audience.
The demand for intentionally humorous copywriting has grown within content marketing; truly funny or controversial content is more likely to become viral than almost any other type of content.
Sadly, most copywriters just write boring content. They do not understand content marketing; how emotional urgency primes sales or what type of content works best for different types of buyers, products or services.
“Entertain or educate. Be controversial. Demonstrate your expertise. OR GO HOME!”
Emotional Urgency Triggers
Your web pages, emails, and sales letters should tell a series of stories about you, your products and your services. If you want more business, you need to tell better, more captivating stories using Emotional Urgency Triggers.
My background in international technology management, product development, competitive business intelligence, as well as my10+ years as a professional stand-up comedian and writer, make me unique in writing emotional urgency based content.
I’m committed to creating the best sales and marketing writing content utilizing Emotional Urgency Triggers specifically designed for your business and website.
“All major decisions are initially based on emotion, then justified using logic!”
Content for Specific Industries
MATTRIXX Persuasive Communications specializes in the following industries:
- Active Adult Lifestyle Communities
- Senior Retirement Communities
- Continuous Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs)
- New Home Builders / New Home Sales
- Accounting and Legal Firms
- Medical, Dental, and Chiropractic Practices
- High-Tech and Science-Based Companies
- Repeat-Buyer and Referral Based Services
- Security, Anti-Assault, Surveillance Avoidance
“If you’re not ruffling any feathers, then it’s time to rethink your content … it may be too watered down to have a real impact.”