Copywriting is the art and science of strategically delivering words that get people to take some form of action
NEWSFLASH: Not everything I write for my clients requires humor, but the same concepts of emotional urgency triggers, FOMO, and creative content copywriting apply.
Of course, there are a few businesses that should avoid using humor for obvious reasons. Surgeons (brain, proctology, and plastic surgery), morticians, and hostage negotiation specialists come to mind.
If you are marketing a new or improved product or offering a unique service – and you want to stand out from your competitors — then we should talk.
“Great copywriting builds EMOTIONAL URGENCY within your prospective buyers.”
Secrets of Emotional Urgency Triggers
Experts tell us, “People buy on EMOTION. Not features – not logic – not even price!” (just consider Apple, Starbucks, lululemon, or Tesla).
Even social psychologists remind us that every decision we make is initially based on emotion, then justified by logic.
Yet few organizations understand the value (and conversion power) of Emotional Urgency Triggers when used in webpages, direct response sales letters, emails, marketing materials, and blogs.
In fact, your landing pages and marketing copy MUST include specific “triggers” to create a desired emotional response within potential clients.
Creative Content Copywriters, much like comedians, know how to engage an audience with words.
Creative content copywriting is about offering content that pulls the reader deeper into your sales funnel because successful sales campaigns:
- Are based on EMOTION,
- Create URGENCY, and
- Must contain persuasive “call to action” TRIGGERS …
… hence the name Emotional Urgency Triggers.
Emotional Urgency is not about the product or the company – it’s focused on the buyer and the buyer’s emotions.
Emotional Urgency copywriting is the art of selling in written form.
Your emails, your landing pages, your sales pages, your social media posts, etc … your success all hinges on how well your message is written … ON YOUR COPY!
Just a few simple Copywriting tweaks can be the difference between selling $10 & selling $100,000.
It can be the difference between getting 10 Instagram likes & getting 10,000 likes!
Want To Know More About The Power Of EMOTIONAL URGENCY TRIGGERS?
If your answer is YES, click on the button below to contact me and subscribe to my Rants and Raves newsletter.
MATTRIXX Rules of Emotional Urgency Copywriting:
- The best place to hide a body (and your website) is page two of the Google Search Results.
- Being visible isn’t as important as becoming UNFORGETTABLE!
- Stop chasing clients … START DEVELOPING DISCIPLES!
- Entertain or educate. Be controversial. Demonstrate your expertise. OR GO HOME!
- Your marketing must answer this one question, “How does your product or service work to deliver results?” … and you must be VERY SPECIFIC!
- Give some of your sales and marketing copy the “look and feel” of juicy gossip or tongue-in-cheek satire. People LOVE to read (AND SHARE) gossip and humor!
- You don’t have to beat your competition; just invalidate them. Don’t be afraid to use humor, sarcasm, or simply make fun of them. Satire is pure gold.
- Persuasion isn’t getting people to take an action … it’s getting people to believe the action you want them to take is their own idea.
- If your presence doesn’t make an impact … if your content isn’t controversial … your absence won’t be noticed.
- Anyone can beat their own drum, especially when they are the only person in the band!
- If you can’t dance, you’d better be able to sing or play an instrument!
- Beware the clean-handed person advising you on gardening, a skinny chef, and the self-proclaimed copywriter who can’t write a captivating story.
- Emotional Urgency is about getting someone to do something that they probably didn’t wake up in the morning intending to do!
- If your emails and newsletters aren’t controversial, amusing, or shocking, you are wasting your time and money!
- Boring is a waste of your time … and MINE!
- If you are not living on the edge, you’re simply taking up space and wasting oxygen.
- Don’t repeat the same day over and over and pretend you have a life.
- First, you make your choices … then your choices end up making you.
- One salesperson can’t effectively sell to 100,000 prospects, but a masterful story, sales letter, email, or landing page sure can!
The MATTRIXX Method
Website SEO Audits
MATTRIXX uses a proprietary 28-Point Usability Checklist for Website SEO Audits and page reviews.
From headers to footers, home pages to landing pages, emails to blogs, and keywords to meta tags … you’ll know if your site is:
- Customer Focused
- Easy to Read and Navigate (UX Friendly)
- Optimized for a Greater Search Presence
- Designed for Stronger Brand Awareness
- Targeted for Web Traffic and Sales Conversions
“If you want to know what someone really wants, discover the keywords and phrases they use in their searches.”
Emotional Content Copywriting
Your web pages, emails, and sales letters should tell a series of stories about you, your products and your services. If you want more business, you need to tell better, more captivating stories!
Matt’s background in international technology management, product development, competitive business intelligence, as well as his 10+ years as a professional stand-up comedian and writer, make him unique in writing emotional urgency based content.
He is committed to using the best sales writing practices to create content with Emotional Urgency Triggers specifically designed for your business and website.
“I’m not doing anything that a 10-year-old child couldn’t do … with 38 years worth of experience and practice!”
Content for Specific Industries
MATTRIXX specializes in the following industries:
- Active Adult Lifestyle Communities
- Senior Retirement Communities
- Continuous Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs)
- New Home Builders / New Home Sales
- Accounting and Legal Firms
- Medical, Dental, and Chiropractic Practices
- High-Tech and Science-Based Companies
- Repeat-Buyer and Referral Based Services
“If you’re not ruffling any feathers, then it’s time to rethink your content … it may be too watered down to have a real impact.”